As reported in the Middlesex Mirror
Friday, October 2, 1959
Another milestone on the road to better education was passed by the Middlesex Board of Education on Sunday with the dedication of the new high school. County Superintendent of Schools, Robert R. Blunt, commented on the great advance in education over the last half century and the wide range of subjects now offered in high school.
For school board secretary, George Lincoln, the afternoon had a special note, for in recognition of his untiring effort in the groundwork and development of the new school, he was presented with a plaque engraved with a key and words of appreciation. Board president William R. Brunyate made the presentation.
The ceremonies included the presentation of the school keys to Mr. Brunyate and school principal E. Roland Lindwall, by Milton Hamnet representing the architectural firm of Mickelwright and Mountford. The invocation and benediction was given by the Rev. Edwin Lincoln, pastor of Chester Congregational Church and son of Board Secretary.
The many visitors and guests were welcomed by the chairman of the special buildings committee. Philip L. Englesbe, Superintendent of Schools Von Mauger introduced the guests. Pominie Pirone directed the high school band and after posting of colors the president of the Student Council, Melvin Gellner, led the flag salute.
Among the special guests were the four surviving male members of the graduating class of '14 from the old Pierce School, who were present with their school ma'am Miss Clementine Petit. Serring Baker and Charles Brugger live in Middlesex. Chester Sours in Fanwood, and Dick Bakker in Piscataway.